Have you ever wondered how we make Affy Tapple Caramel Apples?
Learn how we’ve combined more than half a century of experience with the latest technology to bring you the perfect caramel apple for your fundraising needs.
- Our apples are grown by highly respected orchards and packers who meet our strict apple quality standards. These are the same packers that supply fresh apples to your local grocery store.
- Upon arrival at our facility apples are inspected, cleaned, and only those that meet our strict size and quality criteria will become Affy Tapples.
- Our secret caramel recipe is cooked in small batches using old fashioned copper kettles, just like we did in 1948 – but we’ve added cutting edge technology to monitor the process so each batch is cooked perfectly every time!
- The selected apples (the lucky ones) get inserted with a stick, dipped in piping hot caramel, then rolled into yummy toppings (or none if you’re a caramel apple purist!).
- After cooling, each Affy Tapple is carefully placed into protective packaging so it travels safely from our door to yours.
- Everything we do is monitored closely so we know our processes are working correctly and the Affy Tapple you eat will be the highest quality, safest and best tasting caramel apple available.